BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Minggu, 21 Juni 2009

INVITATION

How to Invite People Orally

Invitation ; to offer something make a suggestion or invite someone to do something.

We can use the following pattern.


Extending

  • How would you like to ….?
  • Would you like to …?
  • Do you want to …. ?
  • Let's ….. ?

Accepting

  • I'd love to….
  • I like that
  • I'd like to….

Declining

  • I'd love to but I can't
  • I'd love to but I won't be able to. How about some other time.

Inviting Someone

  • I would like you to …..
  • Would you like to … ?
  • Shall we …. ?
  • How about …. ?

Refusing/declining an invitation

  • I would love to, but ….
  • That's nice/great. Unfortunately/How every ….
  • That's very kind of you, but …
  • Sorry that wouldn't be possible. Thank's anyway

Giving something to someone

  • I'd like to give you …
  • Here's (are) the … / your , ….
  • Allow me to present you with ….

Example :

Vita : Kia, today is my brother's birthday. What about having dinner together with us ?

Zaskia : All right. What time will you celebrate it ?

Vita : At seven. Shall I pick you up ?

Zaskia : If you don't mind. But I will stay in my uncle house tonight.

Example of written invitation

  1. In formal Invitation

From : Pujja

To : Elisa

Hi, friend next week is my birthday. At my birthday I am 16 years old.

And I would like you to come to my birthday Party.

Date : July 4 2009

Time : 03.00 pm

Place : In Batang Garing

I will be happy if you come to my birthday Party.

See you …..

  1. Formal Invitation

STUDENT ORGANIZATION OF SMA NEGERI 2 PAHANDUT

K.S.Tubun Street No 02 Palangkaraya Tel[. (0536) 3223322

To : Steven Kristino, class XI IA 3

Would you please attend our meeting that will be held

Day : on Friday, may 2008

Time : at 10.00 am

Place : in the school hall

Please, come on time. See you there !



Secretary

Pujja Sari Purnama

0 komentar: