BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Minggu, 21 Juni 2009

simple present and past tense

Simple Present and Simple Past

“Simple Present Tense”

To tell a work, even, or something happen today

Functions : 1. To tell habitual action

“ We eat rice every day”

2. To tell general truth

“ Fire is hot”

3. To tell self - identity

“ I am student”

Nominal

S + Tobe (am,is,are) + …..

S + Tobe (am,is,are) + not + ….

Tobe + S + ….

Verbal

S + VI + (s/es) + ….

S + (do/does) + not + VI + …

Do/does + S + VI + …..

Example :

Nominal :

Verbal :

He is very happy (+)

He is not very happy (-)

Is he not very happy (?)

I go to school every morning (+)

I do not go to school every morning (-)

Do I go to school every morning (?)

“Simple Past Tense”

Simple Past Tense it is a tense that is used to express or describe an action or event that happened and finished in certain time in the past.

Nominal :

Verbal :

(+) S + Tobe (was/were) + ….

( -) S + Tobe + not + ……

(?) Tobe + S + ….

(+) S + V²III+….

(- ) S + did + not + VI + ….

(?) Did + S + VI ….

Adverb of time used :

Yesterday

Last Monday/night

Last year

In 1991

Example Nominal :

Example Verbal :

(+) I was student last year

( -) I was not student last year

(?) Was I student last year?

(+) I bought a book two days ago

(- ) I did not buy a book two day ago

(?) Did I buy a book two days ago?

0 komentar: